Friday, March 4, 2016

3 x NOLITA

What I love most about NYC, other than the 24-hour deli's/diners/bagel shops/bars is how much diversity the city has and how a short subway ride can bring you from one extreme to another.
One of my favorite areas and where I have spent a lot of time is Nolita and here are some reasons why:

Elizabeth Street Garden
Elizabeth Street, between Prince & Spring streets


This is hands down my favorite green spot in NYC. It feels like a little sanctuary with beautiful sunflowers, amazing statues, and just the best atmosphere. I love sitting on one of the big stone benches drinking my ice coffee or reading a newspaper in the sun in between the flowers.

Rintintin 
14 Spring Street

Nothing says summer to me as much as sitting outside Rintintin on a warm Tuesday night sharing a bottle of ice cold rose and smoking Malborough lights. The food here is great, very unpretentious and well priced and the crowd is the perfect mix of hipsters, couples, bankers and socialites. 

The Butcher's Daughter
19 Kenmare

The Butcher's Daughter is always packed from 11-3 which is understandable. Spend an hour lunch break in the sun, drinking a juice and people watch is really the best cure for you Friday hangover. Trust me - I'm talking from experience. The food is on the healthier side and very "green" so if your hangover only can be cured with bacon and cheese this is not your spot. Save it for your next holy Monday when you decide to start a new life. 

Other great Nolita spots: Ruby's, Happy Bones, Little Cupcake Bakeshop, Tacombi & Egg Shop.

xx S


No comments:

Post a Comment