Friday, March 18, 2016

3 x GREENPOINT

Some of my favorite memories from NYC must have been when I was around 21 and dating this hipster skater boy who would bring me to skate parks, Brooklyn basement parties and buy me PBAs. We would smoke American Spirits and drink organic coffee out of Mason jars. He lived in Greenpoint, which I back then had no clue where was, but after been living in NYC for a couple of years started to really enjoy. Here are a few of my favorite spots in this cozy Brooklyn neighborhood:


Peter Pan Doughnut
727 Manhattan Ave


Okay, this must be donut heaven! There are soooo many different options and I want to eat them all. Thank god they are also super cheap and so is the coffee, bagels, and other pastries. It is the perfect place to cure a hangover or get some supplies for your walk in McCarren park or trip on the East River Ferry.

Paulie Gee's
70 Greenpoint Ave


If you decide to stand the pretty long wait for a table you will not get disappointed. This place has an amazing rustic atmosphere and the best pizza I have ever tried. No more explanation needed - just do yourself a favor and try it. 

Beacon's Closet
74 Guernsey St


It can be tough to find good second-hand stores in NYC. It's either the super expensive ones in SOHO/Nolita or the extremely hipstery ones in Bushwick. Beacon's Closet is the BOMB! If you give it a little time you can find everything from an old vintage Levi's jacket to a pair of never used Rag & Bone boots. I have bought Alexander Wang skirts for $15 and an incredible Oscar de la Renta dress for $40!!! No joke!! I go here almost every Sunday to dig for new treasures and i never leave empty handed. 

Other cool Greenpoint spots: Five Leaves, Baker's Dozen, Riviera Cafe, WNYC Transmitter Park, The Black Rabbit and so many more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment